The Salzburger Collection
In May 2016, the Crumley Archives inherited what tradition holds to be the Salzburger Collection, a treasury of books once owned by the Salzburger community of Ebenezer, Georgia. Though the complete history of these books be an enigma, what we do know is that they came into the possession of the Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary sometime around its inception in 1830. These books were at the core of the seminary’s library for many decades and shaped countless pastors' theological education.
The Crumley Archives has endeavored to catalog and preserve these books in a way befitting their integrity and the integrity of the Salzburger community. For a full listing of the collection, see the finding aid below.
Bibliographic Information and Useful Resources