From 1866-1904, the Lutheran Visitor was published in Columbia, SC and distributed throughout the General Synod South. Under new management in 1904, the paper merged with Our Church Paper, to become the Lutheran Church Visitor.
A page from the first issue, January 1866
Front page from the final issue, January 7, 1904
Pages 2 and 3 from the final issue, January 7, 1904
In the spotlight:
The Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary has been an institution of learning for more than 175 years. This photograph collection contains some of "Southern Seminary's" early graduating classes.
An article believed to be published by the "Lutheran Church Visitor", a publication in SC.
Rev. A.J. Stirewalt, missionary Japan, documents the event mentioned in the article (left) in his diary: